Thursday, June 11, 2009

What the hell

Gosh, you know, I feel really good. It's been a shitter of a spring, but the wreckage of assorted romances make a cheery glow in my rear view. Summer is here. My son is headed off to spend it with his Mum. That is scary enough, she is not the sort one usually trusts, but what the hell. He's set on it, and legally that's just how it is. Money, well there is no money, and even less is the likely situation, followed by court orders and garnishment. Hey, what's a body to do? Likely rent will still get paid, and food find its way to the plate.

I will find new ways to embrace the already spartan lifestyle, more introspection, less TV, eating out, and fancy things like telephones and new clothes. Simplicity, that's what I'm all about, yes give me the simple life. Fortunately I have cultivated a taste for more economical beverages. Did you know that cheep rum's flavor can more easily be hidden than cheap whisky's? New times, new skills.

There is still the writing and the art. Truth is, books and contemplation, time with my son, the companionship of friends, and creative pursuits have offered me some of my happiest times. Just as well, because, once I pay of the library fine, these will be the thing left in the budget.

So, why do I feel so good? I can't say, to tell you the truth. The cool night air comes in my window like clear wine, I am alive and aware, there is one last sip of wine left in my glass, if this seems to be enough, then it is.

No comments: